Auto Insurance Information
or click on the options below for online quotes and information.
Auto l Specialty l Boat l Motorcycle l Recreational Vehicle
TYPES OF CAR INSURANCE COVERAGE:
- COLLISION COVERAGE: Covers damage to your vehicle when your vehicle hits, or is hit by, another vehicle, or other object. This type of physical damage coverage pays to fix your vehicle, less the deductible you choose. For older cars, consider dropping this coverage, since coverage is normally limited to the cash value of your car.
- COMPREHENSIVE COVERAGE: Covers your vehicle, and sometimes other vehicles you may be driving, for losses resulting from incidents other than collision. For example, comprehensive insurance covers damage to your car if it is stolen; or damaged by flood, fire, or animals. This type of coverage also comes with a deductible
- RENTAL CAR REIMBURSEMENT: Covers renting a car if your car is not driveable or while your car is being repaired because of a covered accident. Coverage is only available if you purchase Comprehensive and/or Collision Coverage. Coverage can include towing, tire changing, gas, oil, water delivery, battery and lockout service.
- UNINSURED MOTORIST: Can be for either bodily injury or property damage. Uninsured motorist bodily injury covers the insured, members of their household and passengers for injuries caused by an at-fault uninsured motorist. This policy normally covers the medical expenses of those injured,up to the limits of the policy. Uninsured motorist property damage covers your automobile when property damage is sustained by an insured and the other at-fault driver does not possess insurance.
- MEDICAL PAYMENTS: Covers medical expenses to you and your passengers injured in an accident. There may also be coverage if, as a pedestrian, a vehicle injures you. This coverage applies, regardless as to who is at fault. Medical Payments may also cover policyholders and their family members when they are injured, while riding in someone else's car or when a car hits them while on foot or bicycling. Coverage is limited to the terms and conditions contained in the policy. If you and your regular passengers already have health insurance that covers similar expenses, medical payments coverage may be unnecessary
Questions to ask your NIS AGENT.
NIS Agent is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for a discussion with your agent:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident?
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available?
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim?
Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.