Homeowners Insurance Information
Homeowners l Renters l Mobile l Landlord l Flood
What is Homeowners insurance?
- Financial protection against disasters.
- Insures the home itself and the things you keep in it.
- Package policy that covers both damage to your property and your liability or legal responsibility for any injuries and property damage.
- This includes damage caused by household pets.
- Coverage for damage caused by most disasters is covered, but there are exceptions, such as damage caused by floods, earthquakes and poor maintenance. You must buy two separate policies for flood and earthquake coverage. Maintenance-related problems are the homeowners' responsibility.
Why do you need homeowners insurance?
It is really all about protecting yourself financially if something unexpected happens to your home or possessions. That's important because chances are your home is likely one of your largest investments.
- If your home was destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster, you'd need money to repair or replace it.
- If a guest in your home is injured, liability protection and medical coverage help pay expenses.
- If you are a victim of theft and vandalism, it can reimburse you for your loss or pay for repairs.
- If you are still paying for your home, your lender will require insurance.
Ask your NIS AGENT about what is covered and be sure to read your policy so you know exactly what's included and what is not.
Things to consider and questions to ask your NIS AGENT
- How much will it cost to rebuild my house and replace my belongings if they are damaged or destroyed?
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
- What discounts are available?
- What's the process for filing and settling a claim?
Homeowners Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.